Our team of certified nurse midwives at Midwifery Care of Holyoke are experts in normal labor and delivery and well woman care. Working within their personalized, family-centered model, midwives work in close partnership with HMC’s team of obstetricians, gynecologists and The Birthing Center staff.
Midwives respect women’s choices, avoid unnecessary cesarean sections and interventions and blend loving support with evidence-based medicine for women throughout the life cycle.
On call 24/7, they practice the art and science of midwifery, caring for women at annual well woman visits (pap test, breast exam, diet, exercise, lifestyle, birth control), pre-conception counseling, fertility management (including artificial insemination), labor and childbirth and menopause.
Midwifery Care of Holyoke midwives...
- See childbirth as a natural process rather than as a medical condition
- Care for women across the age spectrum, providing continuity of care
- Are certified experts in normal labor and childbirth
- Are open to all family structures and fertility options
- Work as a team with board-certified obstetricians at Holyoke Medical Center and The Birthing Center, offering private rooms and a birthing tub