Weight Management Program
Medical & Surgical Weight Management Solutions at Holyoke Medical Center
Millions of Americans struggle to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Most people have made multiple attempts at weight loss. Holyoke Medical Center has a team of experts who have the experience and technology to help you achieve your weight loss goals. And we are committed to helping you keep the weight off - for life. Out team is able to offer laproscopic gastric bypass, laproscopic sleeve & more. Click the below links to learn more.
Beginning the Process
Medical Weight Loss
Surgical Weight Loss
The Weight Management Program is dedicated to provide high quality, patient centered, compassionate and holistic life-long solutions to all patients who are committed to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
What makes the Holyoke Medical Center Weight Management Program Unique?
- Individualized programs that use a multidisciplinary approach
- Frequent communication and close follow-up with your team before and after surgery to help you achieve the best possible outcomes
- Extensive guidance and training in nutrition and exercise
- The majority of patients require only a one-day stay in the hospital after the operation
- Our Center incorporates a holistic approach that focuses on the person
- Life-long weight management skills resulting in excellent long term post surgical results
- The experience and expertise of our team including Dr. Raftopoulos, Medical Director, who has performed more than 2,000 weight loss surgeries
Former Bariatric Patients
If you have had bariatric surgery from another surgeon and you have either relocated, or your bariatric surgeon is no longer available, our Bariatric Center offers a comprehensive care plan which includes regular follow-up with a bariatric surgeon and our dedicated bariatric team.
Prior to your appointment please authorize the release of all your bariatric care records to our office.
We also offer monthly support group meetings to all pre-operative and post-operative patients.
Our office is conveniently located across from the hospital’s main entrance at 10 Hospital drive, suite 103. We are very excited to announce that the permanent home of the Weight Management Program will be located on the second floor of the new Emergency Department and Medical Office Building in a state-of-the-art 18,000 square foot space that will include nutritional and behavior health care services, diabetes care and many other related services!